All You Need To Know : Chelsea vs Liverpool
Chelsea lost top spot in the Premier League to Manchester United last weekend with a 1-1 draw against Swansea. Victor Moses scored his first Premier League goal for Chelsea in that game and quickly followed up with a first Champions League goal in midweek
* Moses has had just 7 attempts at goal in the Premier League prior to that first goal, showing he hasn’t needed many attempts to find his finishing boots for his new side.
* Moses has played both on the wing and up front throughout his career, and his wide play instincts are clearly still sharp, having delivered 8 crosses averaging one every 32 minutes on the pitch (Leighton Baines is the most frequent crosser in the Premier League with one every 18 minutes).
* Juan Mata has delivered the most crosses for Chelsea with 16, but his come at a rate of one every 42 minutes.
* Despite two sensational Champions League strikes, Oscar continues to wait for his first Premier League goal. The Brazilian wonderkid has had 12 shots on target without scoring, the most of any player in the Premier League according to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index.
* Liverpool’s Luis Suarez scored a stunning goal in Liverpool’s 1-1 draw with Newcastle to earn the Reds a point. Brendan Rogers will have pleased with some of the football on display for his developing side though, with Raheem Sterling once again showing maturity and skill beyond his tender years.
* Suarez’s goal was his 7th of the season, just one behind league top scorer Robin van Persie. However, even his impressive form has lacked the ruthlessness in front of goal of some of his rivals. Suarez has required 56 shots at goal to get 7 goals, with less than half his efforts on target.
* Suarez’s goals outnumber his collective team mates by 7 to 4. Gerrard, Sterling, Sahin and Skrtel have all weighed in with a single goal each.
* Overall Liverpool have had 165 shots at goal with 84 shots on target, returning just 11 goals as a team. Compare to league top scorers Manchester United who have scored 26 goals this season from 142 shots at goal with 80 on target. That gives Liverpool a chance conversion rate of just 6.67% compared to United’s 18.3%, and a shots on target rate of 51% compared to United’s 56%
* Steven Gerrard made his 600th appearance for Liverpool in the game, moving him to tenth in their all time appearances ranking.
* Gerrard has been Liverpool’s second biggest goal threat after Suarez this season, having 26 shots at goal with 16 on target according to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index.
* Gerrard has also won 85% of tackles he has attempted this season and completed 309 passes in his opponent’s half, the fifth highest among Premier League players this season.