Mario Balotelli’s future is up for discussion once again inside the Football Transfer Tavern, with Jamie Jackson of The Guardian expecting it to be resolved by the end of the week.
The Italian has fallen out of favour at Manchester City, and AC Milan are pushing to bring him to the San Siro – the same stadium he used to ply his trade at for Inter.
The problem remains over the asking price Manchester City have placed on the young strikers head, with £31 million the quoted figure.
Adriano Galliani, the Milan vice-president, has told Gazzetta Dello Sport: “At the end of Friday, Manchester City still said €37m. We will see on Monday. Under these conditions, he will remain at Manchester City.”
Whilst £31m is the quoted figure, it is understood City would be willing to accept around £24m – the same figure they paid Inter for his services back in the summer of 2010.
Balotelli has endured a difficult season at the Etihad Stadium, scoring just one Premier League goal and hitting the headlines again for a series of off-field incidents.
He had previously said he wanted to stay in Manchester, due to the respect he has for manager Roberto Mancini who has done his very best to guide the young Italian throughout a difficult career.
However it now appears a move back to Italy is the only alternative for Balotelli, with City looking to bring in another top striker. Metro reported earlier this month that Napoli’s Uruguyan international striker Edinson Cavani was firmly on the radar of the champions.