Milan not willing to match Mario’s asking price
The conversation always comes back to Mario Balotelli at some point here in the Football Transfer Tavern, with Peter Scott of the Daily Mail popping by to give us an update on his future.
AC Milan vice president Adriano Galliani has confirmed that the club are interested in Balotelli, but are unwilling to match City’s £31 million valuation.
Quoted in Gazzetta Dello Sport, Galliani said: “At the end of Friday, Manchester City still said 37 million euros. We will see on Monday. Under these conditions, he will remain at Manchester City.”
Balotelli has struggled for form at the Etihad Stadium this season, scoring just one Premier League goal and also becoming involved in a training ground bust up with Roberto Mancini.
Whilst Mancini remains loyal to the player, he is hoping to fund a move for Napoli forward Edinson Cavani who the Citizens are interested in according to a report in Metro earlier this month, and can only do so once a striker is off the books, for which Balotelli appears the obvious choice.
Milan have also been linked with moves that would see both David Beckham and Kaka return to the San Siro, although the latter depends on whether the player is willing to lower his wage demands.
Can you see Balotelli ending up at the San Siro? Vote in our polls below.