We’re now in the final week of the transfer window and the rumours and stories are set to go through the roof as players and clubs are linked with one another, and Nottingham Forest fans are desperate for another centre-forward.
In the Sky Bet Championship, the prize for getting recruitment right couldn’t be greater.
For those sides up near the top of the league, getting the right signings in could be the difference-maker between aiming for promotion and achieving it.
Indeed, with so many sides in with a chance, we’re bound to see plenty of stories in the coming days and Nottingham Forest fans are bound to be looking for news wherever they can get it.
With Nahki Wells’ loan at QPR coming to an end and him off to Burnley, too, a fair bit has been said by Reds fans about the striker.
Let’s take a look at what has been said about the 29-year-old as we wait to see what his next move could well be:
Am I the only one who doesn’t want Wells? Well not for 6m. Was never that impressed when he was at Hudds (1 in 3 ratio) and only at Bradford in lge 1 he managed 1 goal every two games (up until this season).29 too for someone that relies a lot on pace and getting in behind #nffc
— Craig Harrison (@CraigHarrison20) January 27, 2020
£5m for Wells
Would be a perfect january window for me #nffc
— Alex Haslam (@AlexHaslam9) January 27, 2020
Difficult window it seems, Wells has been recalled from QPR this morning so maybe a positive move for us, but I doubt it the way it’s gone so far. Really surprised we didn’t manage to get the Murray deal over the line tbh, but it is what it is! Feeling good about tomorrow! #NFFC
— Topic of Forest. (@TopicForest) January 27, 2020
— ForestAnalytics (@AnalyticsForest) January 27, 2020
If any other club are after Wells he will go there , our ability to compete against other Championship clubs in transfers is abysmal #NFFC
— singermark77 (@singermark77) January 27, 2020
Click here to comment on this articleor
Give us feedback on your Football Transfer Tavern experience