Swansea’s disappointing run of form continued as they lost 2-0 to Stoke. This was the Swans’ third defeat in a row, a disappointing statistic for Michael Laudrup’s side considering their fine form in the initial forays of the season.
Michu had the best chance for the visitors on the day but failed to show any of the potent finishing he displayed in Swansea’s opening fixtures.
– While he was gaining headlines at the start of the season for his goal scoring prowess, Michu may be concerned about his defensive record so far. He’s joint second on the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index for fouls committed with 16.
– Defender Angel Rangel was Swansea’s hardest worker against Stoke, as he ran for 6.39 miles, more than any other player on the pitch. That was the fourth time Rangel has topped his team’s distance charts in six games so far this season, and takes his total distance covered to 37.89 miles, the third highest in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index.
– Rangel also received the distinction of being the fastest player on the pitch against the Potters, with the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index recording him at 22.44mph.
– Nathan Dyer could use some support from his strikers in the coming weeks in terms of efforts on goal. His 7 attempts on target mark the highest total in the Swansea squad.
– Ashley Williams has been literally throwing himself into his defensive duties this season. His 11 blocks is the highest of any player on the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index.
– Michael Laudrup will likely be pleased with Jonathan de Guzman’s contribution to Swansea’s campaign so far this season. He has made 146 successful passes in the opponent’s half this season, the highest in the Swansea squad.
– Reading were prevented from claiming their first Premier League win of the season last time out as Newcastle rescued a point. Brian McDermott will likely view this in hindsight as an opportunity lost, with Reading displaying far more verve and energy than the counterparts for large parts of the match. Jordi McAnuff in particular will have given Royals’ fans plenty of hope for the rest of the season, with their captain providing the assists for both of their sides goals.
– Jem Karacan turned in an excellent shift last weekend against Newcastle. He ran 6.05 miles, the highest of any player on the night.
– Although Mikele Leigertwood has made more successful tackles than any other Reading player this season with 13, he’s also lost out on 11 occasions as well. He will be striving for greater consistency this week.
– Kaspars Gorkss on the other hand has been the model of defensive solidity at the back for Reading. He’s won 92% of his 12 challenges this season.
– Jobi McAnuff was the Royals’ fastest player against Newcastle, with the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index recording him at 19.92mph.Like what the TT have on offer? Sign up for more notifications!