It had been reported by Duncan Castles that Manchester United were in talks with Barcelona for Ousmane Dembélé. Castles said United have proposed a season-long loan but Barcelona would only agree to that if an obligation to buy is included.
However the latest news from Fabrizio Romano seems to suggest that this is not the case as the respected journalist has reported, via utdreport, that both the Red Devils and the La Liga giants are denying that talks have taken place for the player and are saying that no bid has been made.
The winger, who was part of the French World Cup-winning squad in 2018, has a decent scoring record as he has netted 41 goals as well as supplying 44 assists in 153 appearances, per Transfermarkt. However, one major worry about him is his injury record, as he has missed 80 games for Barcelona since the 2017/18 season.
Clearly supporters are happy that the reports of him coming are false following their replies to the tweet, and it is understandable that they do not want to have to buy him following a loan with his injury history, especially when Castles was reporting that they would have to pay around £91 million for him.
Here is what fans said following the news:
— utdreport (@utdreport) September 22, 2020
god is good 🙏🏽
— Terrence 👻 (@PainAndPoverty) September 22, 2020
— gabe (@unitedpapi) September 22, 2020
duncan castles in the mud yet again
— Niamh (@elitesolskjaer) September 22, 2020
Good we dont need him.
— Shane (@AL_LAL_U_YAH) September 22, 2020
— Evans (@Wilfred__Evans) September 22, 2020
— Daniel Nastals (@NastykalDenasty) September 22, 2020
United fans, what are your thoughts on this news? Comment below!
Click here to comment on this articleor
Give us feedback on your Football Transfer Tavern experience