Do Not Sell My Personal Information
  1. Home
  2. Newcastle United News

Newcastle United: Luke Edwards says takeover decision needed from Premier League

Newcastle United: Luke Edwards says takeover decision needed from Premier League - Newcastle United News

Luke Edwards has pleaded in his latest article for the Daily Telegraph that the Premier League make a final decision on the proposed takeover of Newcastle United quickly as he voiced his own frustration about the constant delays over the £300m deal in an article headlined ‘Enough is enough, it’s time for a decision on the Newcastle United takeover’.

As per the journalist, there has been a lot of speculation as to whether or not the bid will be approved for a number of different reasons, including geopolitical disputes between the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) and Qatar. There have also been leaked letters between Hatice Cengiz and the Premier League with regards to her calling for justice for the murder of her late fiancee and journalist Jamaal Khashoggi, in which she believes that the Saudi Arabian crown prince Mohammed bin Salman (MbS) is involved.

Will the Newcastle takeover go through?

Yes

Yes

No

No

Indeed, MbS has arisen as a rather controversial figure given that himself and his country’s Public Investment Fund (PIF) are set to hold an 80% stake in the Tyneside club, with businesswoman and head of PCP Capital Partners Amanda Staveley and the billionaire Reuben brothers based in London splitting the other 20% evenly between them.

The geopolitical disputes revolve around the findings from a report by the World Trade Organisation (WTO) which found that the KSA was running the pirate satellite TV channel beoutQ, which has been responsible for the illegal streaming and broadcasting of Premier League matches in their own country, therefore breaching their international laws as Qatar solely hold the rights to show those live matches in the Middle East.

Neither MbS nor his PIF have been found to be associated with this as of yet, but further investigations are likely from the WTO, which may be one of the reasons for the delays.

1 of 10

Which year did Ashley launch his Newcastle takeover?

Nevertheless, Edwards seems to have had enough as other members of the Toon faithful have become increasingly frustrated over the lack of clarity from the Premier League.

Geordies, do the Premier League need to give more clarity on the takeover? Comment below with your views!


To Top

Article title: Newcastle United: Luke Edwards says takeover decision needed from Premier League

Please leave feedback to help us improve the site: