So as the owners of Blackburn Rovers confirm that Diego Maradona won’t be the new boss of the club, I’ll give you five reasons why they are making a grave mistake.
1) It will give fans up and down the country the chance to finally get over the Hand of God in 1986 by creating new and creative chants about it.
2) With Blackburn, he will be dealing with average premiership players. Any manager that thinks Jonas Gutierrez is good enough to get into the Argentinean first team must love a good average premiership player.
3) There is a major lack of really fat managers in the Premier League at the minute, I miss the days when you had Big Ron on one bench and Big Fat Joe on the other. Everyone seems so slim these days. Monsieur Maradona would go a long way to redressing the Average weight of a Premier League manager on his own.
4) At least with Blackburn, there is absolutely no chance of them getting into Europe. Therefore, Diego would not have to worry about travelling to Italy and having everything absconded of his body by the Italian tax collectors!
5) At the end of the day, this year’s World Cup was pretty boring. The best and most entertaining thing about the whole tournament was Maradona’s touchline antics. The man is just value for money. Blackburn currently have a problem getting bums on seats, if they had appointed Diego I don’t think you have that problem, I for one would pay big money to watch Diego’s sideline antics.
Click here to comment on this articleor
Give us feedback on your Football Transfer Tavern experience