1. They Aren’t Title Contenders – They went toe-to-toe with United and came up short. Arsenal weren’t particularly outclassed but were surprisingly lacking the swagger of title contenders.
2. They Need To Invest In January – Arsenal need a leader. And a physical one at that. Wenger’s insistence of selling anyone who plays in the spine of the team, is physically imposing or experienced is puzzling. Remember Tony Adams, Martin Keown, Sol Campbell, Kolo Toure, Patrick Vieira, Gilberto, Thierry Henry, Adebayor?
3. They Are Surprisingly Dirty – After trying to kick Gareth Bale out of the most recent North London Derby, they set about going after Evra and Darren Fletcher. Arshavin, Chamakh and Wilshere are aggressive but it’s not yet controlled, or used at the appropriate time.
4. They’re Still The Best Team In The League To Watch – Despite not starting Fabregas and Van Persie, whoever they select in the starting XI, Arsenal will always play the best football. Even if it doesn’t work.
5. They Have At Least Solved One Long-Term Problem – Wojciech Szczesny. At 6ft 5 and only 20 years old, he definitely looks one for the future. He wasn’t at fault for the goal and after a nervy start looked assured and in control. Could he be David Seaman’s long term successor? Can Wenger keep hold of him?
Follow me on Twitter @JKap86
Click here to comment on this articleor
Give us feedback on your Football Transfer Tavern experience