- Javier Hernandez was on target again for United v Swansea third successive 1-0 win since the 6-1 loss to Man City. Hernandez has now got five goals this season from just 16 attempts at goal. That goal lifted him 33 places to 35tth in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index.
- Michael Carrick covered more ground than any other United player against Swansea with 9,020 metres.
- Wayne Rooney (40) and Michael Carrick (39) were the two players to complete the most passes in their opponent’s half in the game against Swansea, as Rooney maintained his position as the top ranked player in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index.
- Another clean sheet also saw David de Gea move up to be the third ranked goalkeeper in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index behind Joe Hart and Brad Friedel.
- Newcastle’s remarkable unbeaten run came to an end against Man City, in a game in which Steve Taylor made 4 blocks. Only Vincent Kompany has made more in a single game this season with 5 against Wigan.
- Dan Gosling got a late consolation goal for Newcastle. The midfielder has been limited to just 92 minutes of game time this season, but hit the net with just his second attempt at goal of the season.
Click here to comment on this articleor
Give us feedback on your Football Transfer Tavern experience