Ciaran Clark was dominant in breaking up play in Aston making 30 interceptions in the game, the most by a player in a single game all season according to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index.
* Ashley Westwood also displayed a fantastic work rate in covering 7.1 miles in the game, the most by a Villa player in a single game this season
* Mathew Lowton and Ron Viaar have been standout performers lately and will need to be at their best to contain United. They have won 22 and 20 tackles respectively, compared to Robert Huth who has made 16 and 15 by Vincent Kompany.
* With injury concerns over Darren Bent’s future, Villa fans will have been relieved to see Gabriel Agbonlahor end his run of 28 league games with a goal, by scoring last weekend’s winner vs. Sunderland.
* Villa will hope Agbonlahor features more against United than in previous weeks. In 7 appearances he has just 4 shots on target, 4 dribbles, 6 crosses and 0 assists to his name.
* United are starting to get into their stride and have enjoyed playing at Villa Park over the years. They are without Nani, Kagawa, Jones and Vidic but haven’t lost in the Premier League in their last 16 visits to Villa Park.
* United will be hoping Robin van Persie continues the form he has shown in the first 10 weeks of this season. The Dutch striker has scored 8 goals from 15 shots on target, compared to Carlos Tevez’s 4 goals from 21 shots on target and Darren Bent’s 2 goals from 9 shots on target.
* Wayne Rooney has showed signs of gelling with Van Persie after the new partnership was disrupted by Rooney’s injury. There appeared to be few questions over Rooney’s fitness against Arsenal though as he covered 7.03 miles against rivals Arsenal, the most by a United player in a single game this season.
* Michael Carrick has made the 6th most successful passes in the Premier League this season, finding a team-mate 301 times according to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index.