Though suggestions Rafa Benitez is unhappy at Newcastle United have died down in recent weeks and months, there does remain some slight nervousness amongst the punters propping up our bar. It’s a niggling feeling indeed.
Considering the managerial vacancy at Everton, there was a genuine concern that the Toffees could make a move to bring the Spaniard back to Merseyside, especially given the lack of investment he’s received under Mike Ashley since returning to the Premier League.
If you’re going to put your hand in your pocket to back a coupon this weekend, hold fire until you’ve seen our recommended Accys! Last week, our Premier League outright win treble with LeoVegas paid out—so we’re having another crack with Tottenham, Newcastle and Palace. We’ve also got a very enticing fourfold from the Championship and League One. Take a look and let us know how you’re placing your money this weekend!
However, Chronicle journalist Mark Douglas has provided a positive update for Newcastle fans in regard to that matter. Asked about the idea of seeing Benitez at Goodison Park – as has previously been linked – he revealed that Everton hold no interest in the man who won their arch-rivals arguably the most famous Champions League titles of all time.
I'm told Everton have no interest. They see it as too politically difficult. Rafa wants to make #nufc a success.
— Mark Douglas (@MsiDouglas) November 26, 2017
They reportedly see any move for him as too politically difficult to do, while Benitez is said to want to make Newcastle United a success while he can, with talk of a takeover remaining on the cards.
There’d certainly be more money available to spend at Everton, though you’d back Rafa to give Newcastle something to shout about if they are taken over in time to buy in January.