An Italian source has claimed that Bernard’s services ‘have been offered’ to Roma as the Serie A giants look to bolster their attack this summer.
According to LaRoma24, the Brazilian has been offered to the Italian side as part of their spending spree this summer (via Sport Witness). However, Carlo Ancelotti has relied on Bernard in all of his games so far and, therefore, a strong offer from Roma could be needed in order for the Merseyside outfit to sell.
The 27-year-old – who is currently valued at £18million (Transfermarkt) – was signed during Marco Silva’s era at Everton. Bernard joined the Blues in 2018 on a free transfer after his contract with former club Shakhtar Donetsk ran down (via Sky Sports).
One supporter has branded Bernard as Everton’s ‘most creative player’ whilst another has said there’s ‘not a chance’ he will be leaving this summer.
— Ad George (@AdGeo1878) April 3, 2020
Not a chance the magician leaves. Carlo has openly said he rates Bernard… be silly to let him leave
— James Hitchco (@james_hitchco) April 3, 2020
One of only two midfielders I think we should keep, gomes being the other.
— DJ BUSTIN (@djbustin) April 3, 2020
Nope not happening
— Mark EFC Blake🇮🇪 (@moyeseyside) April 3, 2020
Most creative player
— dylan davies (@dylanjd14) April 3, 2020
One of the few players I wouldn’t let go
— Tommy D (@TommyD24464914) April 3, 2020
Do you see Bernard having a future at Everton? Join the discussion by commenting below…
Click here to comment on this articleor
Give us feedback on your Football Transfer Tavern experience