Swansea v Everton 12:45
– Swansea fell to their first defeat in the Premier League this season, losing 2-0 to Aston Villa. Although Nathan Dyer and Angel Rangel both looked dangerous for the visitors, the Swans were unable to muster a consistent enough threat on goal to prevent Villa leaving with all 3 points.
– Angel Rangel complemented his good attacking play with a solid work ethic against Everton according to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index. He ran for 6.58 miles, the most of any Swansea player, closely followed by Jonathan de Guzman with 6.52 miles. Swansea’s Angel Rangel is fourth in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index for overall distance covered with 25.09 miles covered so far this season
– De Guzman also managed to clock the fastest speed of any Swansea player on the day at 22.17mph. Although he didn’t manage to find the net at the weekend, Miguel Michu still has the joint highest goal record in the Premier League this season with 4.
– There are only two defenders ranked in the top ten for ball receptions according to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index and both play for Swansea. Ashley Williams and Chico have racked up an impressive 263 and 237 receptions respectively.
– Swansea’s midfield duo of Wayne Routledge and Nathan Dyer have continued to impress with their effective play this season. They rank 3rd and 4th for most assists according to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index with 3 and 2 respectively. Dyer also successfully completed 31 passes in his opponent’s half against Aston Villa, more than any other Swans player.
– Everton were denied a fine home win by a resolute Newcastle on Monday night at Goodison Park. The Everton faithful will be left feeling extremely hard done by after having two efforts from Marouane Fellaini and Victor Anichebe ruled out and dominating play in the opening half. Unfortunately though, goals from Leighton Baines and Anichebe were not enough to prevent Newcastle earning a draw with a late equaliser.
– Leon Osman ran more miles than any other player on the pitch during Everton’s thrilling draw, clocking up 6.47 miles. The diminutive midfielder was also Everton’s fastest player against the Magpies, having been recorded at 20.74mph.
– Steven Pienaar’s performances this season continue to be reflected on the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index. He’s recorded an impressive 49 successful passes in the attacking third of the pitch.
– Marouane Fellaini’s defensive misdemeanours will likely have continued to be a headache for Toffees boss David Moyes. The imposing Belgian still tops the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index for fouls with 14 from only four matches. However, the Belgian midfielder’s work rate shows his enthusiasm in the centre of the park, he remains in the top ten players for overall distance covered this season with 24.13 miles
– Kevin Mirallas holds the unwelcome distinction of having committed more fouls than any other player during the last round of matches. He was pulled up by the officials against Newcastle 6 times. Along with his goal on Monday, Leighton Baines will be happy with the consistent level of performance he’s been turning in for Everton. His 17 crosses places him second in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index.
Click here to comment on this articleor
Give us feedback on your Football Transfer Tavern experience