Bobby Duncan was among the players to change clubs on Serie A’s transfer deadline day, joining Fiorentina from Liverpool for an initial £1.7m, as reported by The Independent.
NEW: Bobby Duncan’s agent claims they are “in the top 1%” after sealing Fiorentina move https://t.co/ledK8JYtql
— This Is Anfield (@thisisanfield) September 3, 2019
Last week, the agent released a strongly-worded statement in which he accused Liverpool of “mentally bullying” 18-year-old striker Duncan, claiming that the club’s rejection of loan offers from Fiorentina and Nordsjaelland had caused the player so much stress that he stayed in his room for four days. [via The Guardian]
These Liverpool fans took to Twitter to criticise Rubie over what he said on Instagram:
This sleaze of an agent is all that is wrong in football, probably never kicked a ball in his life! Yet living off kids that hopefully realise be4 it's too late that you need people with your best interests around you and not a vampire like Saif Rubie @LFC @bobbyduncan999
— John Darker (@Slowjohn23) September 3, 2019
If you stopped tweeting about them there'd almost be 0 tweets going out… That's how little he and Bobby are..! Immature fool and an opportunist willing to take advantage of said immaturity… Let's just sit back and watch this pan out..!
— Jacob Forbes (@jacobforbes1681) September 3, 2019
What a reprehensible, arrogant clown
— IrishScouser (@irish_scouser) September 4, 2019
99% of agents are trying to get their clients playing for the best team in Europe and the other 1% of idiots aren’t so he’s right he’s among the 1%
— mr m0 (@mozzyfire1) September 4, 2019
"What leaders do". And there is the problem. He works for his client not the other way round. Take charge of your own life Bobby and, until then, good luck.
— Mike Blake (@MikeBlakeYNWA) September 3, 2019
No one is gonna hear about them in a week.
— S (@fortesquieu) September 3, 2019
What do you make of Rubie’s recent remarks about Duncan’s transfer from Liverpool? Comment below with your views!Like what the TT have on offer? Sign up for more notifications!
Click here to comment on this articleor
Give us feedback on your Football Transfer Tavern experience