Manager Roberto Mancini continues to come under pressure for the Champion’s stuttering start to the season. Man City sit in 3rd position and could be 5 points off city rivals Manchester United by the time they kick off against Tottenham on Sunday.
* Samir Nasri completed 62 passes in his opponent’s half in the game against West Ham, the most by a player in a single game this season.
* As well as being one of City’s main attacking threats, the Frenchman has been showing greater work rate and has covered the most miles out of any City player in 4 of his 8 appearances.
* Carlos Tevez has consistently been producing some fine performances this season for Roberto Mancini’s side. He ranks second on the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index with 6.
* Yaya Toure continues to be City’s driving force in midfield. The Ivorian has made 444 passes in the opponents half this season, second only to Arsenal’s Santi Carzorla (465).
* Despite only playing 465 minutes this season, Mario Balotelli has racked up a disappointing 13 shots off target, the second highest in the City squad.
* Sixth place Tottenham could move to within 2 points of City with a win at the Etihad. A poor home loss to Wigan last week will need to be forgotten if Spurs are to contain with City’s dangerous attacking line. Former City player Emmanuel Adebayor will be hoping to upset his former employees, however he may have to make do with bench duty once again after Jermain Defoe’s mid-week performance and Villas-Boas’ preference for playing with just one striker.
* Clint Dempsey put in a strong performance last week against Wigan despite the loss, covering 6.58miles.
* Sandro has been Tottenham’s defensive rock this season, successfully completing 23 tackles, the most of any Spurs’ player.
* Gareth Bale continues to be the primary outlet for most of Tottenham’s attacking play this season. The destructive Welshman has delivered 35 crosses this season, placing him 3rd on the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index.
* Whilst currently being deservedly lauded for his potent finishing this season, Jermain Defoe has also provided the most assists of any Spurs player this season with 3.