Good old YouTube. If you can see past all the teenagers uploading Justin Timberlake collages, there’s some entertaining stuff out there. So in homage to the Tube, here are five of the worst goals available the internet has to offer.
Rather than just re-posting Manchester United’s Massimo Taibi or Aston Villa’s Peter Enckelman letting the ball squirm through their legs however, below are a few more ‘alternative’ bloopers for you to enjoy.
(If you are a teenage Justin Timberlake fan by the way, I apologise).
1) I don’t know what league this is from, or who these teams are, but this is priceless goalkeeping. Where does the goalkeeper think the ball had disappeared to after he performs the drag back? Hillarious.
2) This own goal by Chris Brass is another highly entertaining incident. Brass was playing for Bury against Darlington when he attempted this overhead clearance which ended up nearly breaking his nose.
Even Ronaldo couldn’t do this, and I’m talking about the real trans-gender loving Ronaldo, not the Portuguese pretender. Seriously Chris, next time, just put it out for a corner son.
3) The next goal scored takes us to Hungary, where Debreceni VSC faced FC Fehérvár. Debreceni have a penalty to make the score 3-1, but the keeper saves… only for a FC Fehérvár defender to execute one of the worst clrarances you’re likely to see.
4) Franck Quedrue may be known for his no-nonsense defending at Middlesbrough, Fulham and Birmingham City, but this own goal he scored whilst playing for Lens against Bastia is a right load of codswallop. The best part is when he starts moaning straight after as if to say ‘it wasn’t my blooming fault’, but in French.
5. Right, let’s go back to the Hungarian league. I tell you what, Hungarian football’s not what it used to be. Újpest take on Dunaújváros FC in a game I’m sure you all remember well. With the score 1-1, an Újpest defender can clearly not cope with the pressure, and so decides the best course of action is to smack the ball into his own goal to relieve the pressure. Good defending mate. Well done.
Click here to comment on this articleor
Give us feedback on your Football Transfer Tavern experience