The Daily Telegraph has literally brought the Football Transfer Tavern to a standstill with the claims over the future of Robin Van Persie.
The forward had been thought to be unhappy under new manager David Moyes and unsure over his training methods. This speculation grew after the omission of the forward from the Champions League tie this week, yet according to manager Moyes, there is no problem at all.
He dismissed the reports claiming that RVP was discontented as ‘a load of rubbish.’
Moyes is of course under huge pressure to turn things around at the club and the rumours of a dressing room rift with what had been the star of last season were doing him no favours at all.
RVP is firmly established as one of the best forwards in the world, and of course should he decide that his future no longer lies at Old Trafford, will not be short of takers.
The United faithful do not need to worry if they believe Moyes, who spoke about the player’s omission from the starting line up on Wednesday and noted: “He had a couple of sore toes and I told him before the Southampton game last Saturday that, if I played him in that, he would miss the Sociedad game to try to give his toes and groin a rest.”
He followed this up by praising the struggling forward, claiming: “He’s doing great,
“He is doing some great stuff for us and contrary to what has been said, I’ve only found him fantastic to work with.”
As our landlord points out, even if there were issues, Moyes would never come out and admit to them – so things may not be all hunky dory at the club.