Newcastle United

Revealed: 63% Newcastle United fans believe key figure will be at St. James’ Park next season

Newcastle United fans here in the Tavern are hoping their side can avoid relegation back to the Championship, after a less than convincing campaign under manager Rafa Benitez.

The Magpies have had a season to forget in many respects as they’re still flirting with the possibility of relegation, with a win in their last outing against Southampton offering hope to many of our local northerners.

Indeed, Rafa Benitez has certainly enjoyed better times at previous clubs in his managerial career, as his reign at St James’ Park has been filled with controversy up to this point. Of course, with the relationship between Benitez and the club’s owner Mike Ashley seemingly getting no better as the season comes to a close, only an improvement on the transfer front will see him stay.

Benitez’s future has been an interesting topic for many of our local residents here in the Tavern, with our Landlord recently running a poll on whether the Spaniard will be at the club next season.

There was certainly a mixed response, as 37% of fans responded saying that no, they don’t expect to see him at the club next season, whilst the remaining 63% think that there is a future to be had.

Indeed, the fact that 37% of fans believe that he won’t remain at the club in the summer isn’t very surprising, considering the amount of doubt that surrounds his managerial future at the club.

Although, as arguably one of the best managers in world football it’s understandable that the majority of supporters are going to vote in favour of him staying beyond the current campaign.

Therefore, the summer will hold the key to Benitez’s future with a fair few supporters being left shocked either way.

Newcastle United fans… Thoughts? 

Let us know down below!!!

To Top