Writing in his weekly blog via the Newcastle Chronicle, former Sky Sports presenter Richard Keys has claimed insight into Newcastle United’s highly reported takeover – hinting that another group may be at the table and it’s ‘not the Saudi’s’.
Keys, who has been at the mercy of Magpies supporters for some of his takes in the past, has since gone on to conjure a fresh insight into Newcastle’s reported takeover. A piece from the Guardian last week indicated that a deal is ‘90%‘ done, with Prince Mohammed bin Salman’s bid to buy the club, brokered by former sole buyer Amanda Staveley, edging nearer completion.
However, after a few days of relative silence, some supporters appear disheartened over, what may be, another takeover fall – and Keys’ verdict is doing nothing to calm the waves. Writing in his blog, the ex-Sky Sports presenter hinted that a group is ‘still at the table‘ and supporters should hope they can ‘pull things together‘ by mid-February – but, according to the journalist, it isn’t the Saudis.
In response, Magpies supporters have rubbished Keys’ claims – find all of their best comments from Twitter down below.
Please is this the best we have. The usual nonsense from that cretin
— Paul marsh (@PjmMarsh) February 3, 2020
That whole not reporting what Richard keys says ever again thing is going well i see 👍🏻
— Craig (@1CraigAllan) February 3, 2020
The mans obsessed he says it every couple of month he’ll be right eventually 🤣
— Stephen Miller (@millanufc) February 3, 2020
Stooppppp it. pic.twitter.com/jW4bT4PC2v
— The Gallowgate End (@gallowgatenufc1) February 3, 2020
If Richard Keys told me it was 3 o clock I’d still check my watch to check , don’t trust whatever comes out his mouth he hates NUFC and it’s incredible fan base
— ⚪️⚫️ (@owenhardy180) February 3, 2020
— ToonSteve (@ToonSteve1) February 3, 2020
Do you believe Richard Keys has an insight into the takeover? Join the discussion by commenting below…
Click here to comment on this articleor
Give us feedback on your Football Transfer Tavern experience