Michael Laudrup enjoyed a dream start to his Swansea career as his side turned in an impressive performance to beat QPR 5-0 on the opening day of the season.
New signing Michu and Nathan Dyer both grabbed a brace, with Scott Sinclair completing the rout to give the Swans an emphatic victory. Like his manager, the Spaniard got his Swansea career off to a great start with an outstanding performance on his debut.
It was a good all round performance from the Welsh outfit. Below are my views on how the players faired.
Michael Vorm- 7
- Was nearly caught out when he came rushing off his line only to be beaten to the ball by David Hoilett but a typically solid display from the Dutchman. Made a great save to deny Jamie Mackie from close range.
Angel Rangel- 7
- Was perhaps fortunate not to concede a penalty for his tackle on Hoilett but overall coped well with the winger who if allowed to could have been a much greater problem.
Chico Flores- 8
- A good debut from the centre back. Was guilty a few times of wasting possession but still looked comfortable on the ball and strong defensively. A big threat from set pieces, he was unfortunate to see his powerful header crash against the bar.
Ashley Williams- 8
- The captain lead by example. A commanding performance from Williams who was at his best to deal with the threat of Djibril Cisse.
- Didn’t quite reach the standards he set last season. Perhaps suffering from having played in the Olympics, Taylor looked jaded and sluggish in the tackle. Not a terrible performance but one he will want to improve on.
Nathan Dyer- 9
- A constant threat to the QPR defence with his pace and trickery. Scored two well taken goals to cap off a very good performance from the winger.
Leon Britton- 8
- A typically composed performance and played well alongside two new team mates in the middle of the park. Calm on the ball, solid in the tackle and protected the defence. As influential as ever.
Jonathan De Guzman- 7
- Slightly overshadowed my fellow new signing Michu, but it was a competent display from the former Villarreal man. Conceded possession cheaply at times but his work rate was faultless and his set pieces will be a real asset to the Swans.
Wayne Routledge- 8
- Given the chance to impress with Scott Sinclair on the bench and can be pleased with his efforts. Showed great awareness to provide two assists, particularly with his pass for Michu’s second.
- What a debut. The attacking midfielder looks as though he will be a very good acquisition for the Swans. A slice of good fortune with his first but a touch of class with his second. Man of the match.
Danny Graham- 7
- As always he lead the line well. A willing runner and a handful for the defenders, Michu profited from the space Graham created for him. Might have got a goal himself if not for a good save from Rob Green.
Kemy Augustien- 7
- Second half sub made an immediate impact with a good ball to set up Dyer’s second.
Scott Sinclair- 7
- Came on and showed why Swansea fans will hope he remains at the Liberty Stadium with a fantastic finish for the fifth.
Click here to comment on this articleor
Give us feedback on your Football Transfer Tavern experience