Revealed: 38% of Liverpool fans want Klopp to drop £10.8m-rated regular against Watford

The Liverpool fans in the Transfer Tavern are looking forward to their side’s next Premier League clash. The Reds have been on a decent run of form as of late, and whilst they were beaten by Man Utd over the weekend, our landlord isn’t expecting another day of disappointment for our resident Reds. 

Their opponent this time around is Watford. The Hornets’ form this season has been mixed at best, and whilst they will pose a challenge to Jurgen Klopp’s men, Liverpool will certainly be expected to win the game.

Ahead of the game, fans have been discussing just who Jurgen Klopp will pick to turn out against the Hornets. The German has a few decisions to make, with a few changes potentially needed in relation to the team that lost to Man Utd last week.

One area of particular interest is in midfield. James Milner, for example, has had a decent run in the team as of late, but he was pretty average against the Red Devils.

Milner’s place in the team, then, is unsurprisingly a point of contention for Liverpool fans. Our landlord recently ran a poll on whether the Englishman, who is rated at £10.8 million by Transfer Markt, should start for the Reds against the Hornets – and there’s certainly a sense of division.

38% of fans responded saying that yes, they would like to see him dropped, whilst the remaining 62% voted to the contrary.

Certainly, a majority of fans do want to see him start the game, but the fact that 38% feel the opposite way is certainly a significant enough number to not be ignored.

He’s now in his mid-30s, of course, and with the likes of Jordan Henderson, Emre Can and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to choose from, his place in the team will certainly be under consideration this weekend and going forward.

Whoever Klopp does pick, then, will certainly produce a few disappointed fans – regardless of who is selected.

Liverpool fans – thoughts?

Let us know below!

Like what the TT have on offer? Sign up for more notifications!
To Top