Everton

Revealed: 48% Everton fans really wouldn’t back a swoop for England international this summer

Everton fans here in the Tavern are hoping that their side can make a better start in the next campaign, after flirting with the possibility of relegation to the Championship. 

Everton certainly made the right decision to appoint Sam Allardyce as Ronald Koeman’s successor back in November, with the Toffees now sitting just inside the top half of the table after a torrid start.

Indeed, the Blues currently hold one of the worst defensive records in the Premier League as they continue to struggle, with a couple of additions required in the summer transfer window. Although, Everton appear to have already identified a possible target, as Luke Shaw is being linked with a move to Goodison Park.

Everton’s interest in Luke Shaw has been a hot topic for many of our local residents here in the Tavern, with our Landlord recently running a poll on whether the Blues should bring him to Merseyside.

Surprisingly, the results were very close as 52% of supporters said that yes, they do want to see him at the club, whilst the remaining 48% feel that they shouldn’t make a move for the Englishman.

Indeed, the fact that 52% of fans want him to join the club is understandable, as the Toffees have been struggling for defensive solidity throughout the current campaign.

Although, you can see where the other 48% of supporters were coming from when they voted against him signing, as he’s had a rather stalling career that’s been hampered by a number of injuries.

Therefore, there’s now an anxious wait until the summer to see if Everton make anything of the rumours, with there being some disappointed supporters regardless of the outcome.

Everton fans… Thoughts? 

Let us know down below!!!

To Top