Chelsea v Bolton Sat 25 Feb 15:00
· Chelsea are without a victory in four Premier League games after losing 2-0 to Everton in their last game
· Ashley Cole was injured in that game but should play against Bolton after a sub appearance against Napoli this week
· Cole has covered 145.7 miles for Chelsea so far this season, the 11th highest total for a player in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index and the secondhighest for a defender after Everton’s Leighton Baines
· Cole is the 5th ranked defender in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index having won 64% of tackles, winning 50 and losing 28 attempted
· He’s also made 35 interceptions and delivered 36 crosses, contributing 6 assists
· RaulMeireles covered the most ground for Chelsea in that game with 5.83 miles
· Meireles has completed 481 passes in his opponent’s half this season, averaging one every 3 minutes 25 seconds
· Bolton lost 2-1 against Wigan in their last Barclays Premier League game in a battle between the league’s bottom two sides
· Mark Davies scored Bolton’s equaliser in that game before the Trotters fell to a 2-1 defeat
· Gretar Rafn Steinsson covered the most ground for Bolton in that game with 6.2 miles
· Bolton’s Nigel Reo-Coker is their only representative in the top 20 players for total distance covered in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index. Reo-Coker has covered 138.3 miles, putting him in 20th place in the rankings
Newcastle v Wolves Sat 25 Feb 15:00
· Newcastle suffered a heavy 5-0 defeat at the hands of Spurs in their last Premier League game
· James Perch covered the most ground for Newcastle in that game with 5.71 miles
· Perch has covered 42.29 miles for Newcastle, averaging 104.5 yards per minute on the pitch since being called upon to help Newcastle’s injury crisis
· Newcastle have two players in the top 20 in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index for distance covered this season
· Jonas Gutierrez is in 11th with 148 miles and Danny Simpson in 14th with 144.1 miles
· Wolves will also be looking to bounce back after a 5-1 defeat at the hands of West Brom saw manager Mick McCarthy sacked
· Kevin Doyle covered the most ground for wolves in that game with 6.61 miles
· Stephen Fletcher scored his tenth goal of the season to equalise for wolves before their second half collapse
· Fletcher’s goals have come from 39 shots at goal with 51% on target
· Wolves have two players in the top 20 for distance covered in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index, including Stephen Ward in second place with 152.3 miles. Karl Henry is in 15th with 143.4 miles, having led the table formost of the season until he was forced to miss games through injury
· Wolves’ keeper Wayne Hennessey is still top of the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index for saves made with 175, and is now 40 saves ahead of the next closest, Michel Vorm of Swansea
QPR v Fulham Sat 25 Feb 15:00
· Two goals from QPR’s Jamie Mackie was not enough to save them from a 3-2 defeat by Blackburn in their last Barclays Premier League match
· Mackie’s goals were his third and fourth of the season coming from 22 shots at goal with 55% on target. Mackie has also contributed three assists.
· Joey Barton covered the most ground for QPR in that match with 6.92 miles, the 13th time he has led the distance charts since joining QPR
· Pavel Pograbnyak scored on his Fulham debut as the Cottagers beat Stoke 2-1 in their last game
· A Clint Dempsey strike rebounded off the bar and hit Sorenson to cross the line forFulham’s second
· John Arne Riise covered the most ground for Fulham in that match with 6.14 miles
· Dempsey has now covered 152.28 miles so far this season, the third highest total in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index
· Team mate Brede Hangeland is also in the top 20 for ground covered with 139.83 miles
· Hangeland has won an impressive 85% of tackles this season, winning 47 of 55 tackles attempted
· He has also made an incredible 53 clearances, 70 interceptions and 21 blocks
West Brom v Sunderland Sat 25 Feb 15:00
· West Brom crushed neighbours Wolves 5-1 in their last Premier League game
· A great hat trick by Peter Odemwingie along with goals from Jonas Olsson and Keith Andrews gave West Brom the victory
· Youssouf Mulumbu covered the most ground for West Brom in that game with 6.53 miles, the fifth time he has done so for West Brom this season
· Sunderland were edged 2-1 by Arsenal in their last Premier League game before getting their revenge in the corresponding FA Cup fixture last week
· James McClean scored for Sunderland in that game
· Sunderland midfielder Stephane Sessegnon is the club’s only representative in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index for total distance covered with 136.7 miles, putting him in 28th place
Wigan v Aston Villa Sat 25 Feb 15:00
· Aston Villa will be looking to put things right after their 1-0 defeat by PremierLeague leaders Man City.
· Darren Bent has been Aston Villa’s leading goal scorer with nine this season. According to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index Bent has bagged nine goals in only 26 shots on target which gives Bent a conversion rate of 34%.
· On-loan Robbie Keane made the impact last weekend against Newcastle, scoring in thelast moments of the first half. Keane’s loan spell comes to a close this weekend. In the five appearances Keane has been prolific, scoring three times which makes him Aston Villa’s forth highest goal scorer.
· Gary Gardner was Aston Villa’s hardest working player on the pitch in their last outing against Man City, covering an impressive 6.98 miles.
· This game will see two of the Premier Leagues toughest tacklers come up against each other. Wigan’s Maynor Figueroa has won 77 tackles this season putting him at the top of the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index, Aston Villa’s Richard Dunne has won an impressive 71 tackles putting him second.
· Not only does Figueroa top the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index for tackles won he is also the only Wigan Player to feature in the top 30 for cumulative distance travelled this season with a total of 137.9 miles.
· Stiliyan Petrov has been Aston Villa’s workhorse this season clocking up 148.9 miles in his 24 appearances this season.
Man City v Blackburn Sat 25 Feb 17:30
Man City are currently heading the Premier League, they’ve only lost once in their last six outings. Joleon Lescott was thedifference last weekend against Aston Villa, scoring the decisive goal in the 63rd Minute.
The EA SPORTS Player Performance Index indicates that Gareth Barry has been Man City’s marathon man this season. He’s covered 145.2 miles in his 23 appearances this season.
According to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index David Silva has completed the most passes in the opposition half with 827 passes in his 25 appearances which is, on average, 33 passes per game.
Sergio Aguero has been Man City most prolific striker this season with a total of 15 goals. With 43 shots on target, that gives Aguero a conversion rate of 44%.
The EA SPORTS Player Performance Index shows Steven Nzonzi has beenBlackburn’s workhorse this season. He’s covered 148.4 miles in total in all premier league games. This puts Nznoni in the top ten for cumulative distance travelled this season. Robin Van Persie leads the EA SPORTS Player Performance cumulative distance chart.
Christopher Samba has been one of Blackburn’s hardest working defenders this season. He’s made 70 clearances in total, more than any other Premier League player.
Ayegbeni Yakubu has been Blackburn’s top goal scorer this season with 13 of his 25 shots ending up in the back of the net. Which means his strike rate is 52%, according to the EA SPORTS Premier League index means Yakubu has had a better strike rate this season than Sergio Aguero.
Click here to comment on this articleor
Give us feedback on your Football Transfer Tavern experience