Worldwide cigarette brand Marlboro have sent their new advertising posters into us at the Football Transfer Tavern, but for the life of me I can’t work out who the blurred outline is meant to be but I couldn’t admit that to my punters.
Therefore, to save my embarrassment, I put on a competition for the customers and said whoever guesses who the mystery footballer is, will receive a free pie and pint every day for a month (the landlord is going to kill me!)
Here’s the clues Marlboro gave me:
- Am I still playing?
- Did I ever represent and captain England?
- Am I friends with Wayne Bridge?
- Was I present during every great sporting moment?
- Are you sick of seeing pointless and boring memes of me celebrating every greatest sporting moment?
- Did I once send Rio and Anton a Christmas card?
- Do the team I play for know what they’re?
Any ideas who it is yet?
I’m sticking with my initial guess of Samassi Abou although punters urge me that this Chelsea defender carries a good moral message for Arsenal ace Jack Wilshere who was of course caught taking an infamous puff recently.