Worldwide cigarette brand Marlboro have sent their new advertising posters into us at the Football Transfer Tavern, but for the life of me I can’t work out who the blurred outline is meant to be but I couldn’t admit that to my punters.
Therefore, to save my embarrassment, I put on a competition for the customers and said whoever guesses who the mystery footballer is, will receive a free pie and pint every day for a month (the landlord is going to kill me!)
Here’s the clues Marlboro gave me:
- Am I still playing?
- Did I ever represent and captain England?
- Am I friends with Wayne Bridge?
- Was I present during every great sporting moment?
- Are you sick of seeing pointless and boring memes of me celebrating every greatest sporting moment?
- Did I once send Rio and Anton a Christmas card?
- Do the team I play for know what they’re?
Any ideas who it is yet?
I’m sticking with my initial guess of Samassi Abou although punters urge me that this Chelsea defender carries a good moral message for Arsenal ace Jack Wilshere who was of course caught taking an infamous puff recently.
Click here to comment on this articleor
Give us feedback on your Football Transfer Tavern experience