Manchester United provided one of the games of the season against Chelsea on Sunday, coming back from 3-0 down to secure a 3-3 draw and stay in the title race
· Michael Carrick covered the most ground in that game for the third Premier League game in a row, with 6.68 miles.
· Team mate Patrice Evra has covered the most ground in total this season with 131.2 miles
· Two penalties from Wayne Rooney and a header from Javier Hernandez brought United back into the game
· Rooney’s goals were his 14th and 15th of the season, and have come from 87 shots at goal with 64% on target
· David De Gea has been criticized a lot this season, but the young goalkeeper pulled off two sensational saves to keep United in the game late one
· De Gea has made 97 saves this season, averaging 6.5 saves per game. That’s the fourth highest average in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index.
· Liverpool welcomed back Luis Suarez against Spurs on Monday, but theUruguay striker could not break the deadlock and Liverpool were held to a 0-0 draw
· Charlie Adam covered the most ground for Liverpool against Spurs with 6.83 miles, and has covered 141.3 miles in total this season for Liverpool (the most of any Liverpool player)
· Andy Carroll has been credited with improved form in Suarez’s absence, and Carroll has averaged 4.8 miles in each of his Premier League games without Suarez. His average across the season is 3.8 miles per game
· Suarez has had 76 efforts at goal this season with 53% on target, while Carroll has had 50 with exactly half on target
· Suarez has averaged a shot at goal every 22 minutes while Carroll has had an effort every 28 minutes this season
Click here to comment on this articleor
Give us feedback on your Football Transfer Tavern experience