Norwich v Man City (12:45)
This has the potential to be the game of the day. The word ‘fortress’ has been endlessly bandied about this season in relation to Carrow Road and with good reason. Norwich outplayed a clueless Spurs last week and will be in the right frame of mind to face Man City.
Mancini’s frame of mind is another matter. His jamboree of superstars has turned out to be the double edged sword many predicted. If the players cannot be managed both on and off the field he’s in the wrong game. Prediction a thrilling 2-2.
· Norwich will be brimming with confidence after beating Tottenham 2-1 earlier in the week. Goals by Anthony Pilkington and Elliott Bennett sealed the win for Norwich.
· Pilkington’s goal was his 8th of the season, making him the fifth highest scoring midfielder in the Premier League
· Pilkington has hit 66% of shots on target this season, and he is also ranked 16th for number of crosses delivered with 71 so far this season
· Grant Holt was denied a penalty against Spurs, but scored in Norwich’s other Easter fixture against Everton to hit his 13th goal of the season, making him the second highest scoring Englishman in thePremier League after Wayne Rooney
· Holt’s tally of 13 is the same as his next opponent Edin Dzeko, although Dzeko’s goals have come from 80 shots at goal while Holt has required just 55 to hit his 13 goals
· Norwich’s John Ruddy once again made a fantastic save denying Assou-Ekotto a goal, despite some clever play leading up to the strike.
· According to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index, John Ruddy has made 178 saves this season. This makes him the secondbusiest keeper in the Premier League behind Wayne Hennessey.
· John Ruddy on average makes six saves per game, based on this season’s EA SPORTS Player Performance Index statistics.
· On average Russell completes nine defensive duties per game, according to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index.
· Kyle Naughton has won the most tackles for Norwich this season with 63. He’s only lost 19 tackles this season, which means he’s won 70.7% of the tackles he attempted
· Man City are experiencing a wobble in Premier League form currently. They’ve only won two of their last six fixtures; they’ve also drawn two and lost two.
· After netting twice against West Brom Sergio Aguero still has the third most Premier League goals, 19, this season and remains behind Wayne Rooney and Robin Van Persie.
· David Silva also scored against West Brom, and has now crossed the thousand mark for passes completed in the opposition half this season with 1074, one of only three players to have done so, with the others being Mikel Arteta and Luka Modric.
· According to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index David Silva completes 35 passes in the opposition half on average every game
· Silva has also been the most selfless player this season; EA SPORTS’ Player Performance Index shows us he has more assists than any other Premier League player
Swansea v Blackburn
Swansea have gone well and truly off the boil. The only upside is that they did so well up until now that they are in a position to absorb the slip ups. Blackburn are well and truly in wounded beast territory and will be looking to do as much damage in what may their Premiership swan song. See what I did there? Prediction 1-1
· Swansea’s last six fixtures make for interesting reading, after beating Man City, Wigan and Fulham on the bounce they’ve gone on to lose their last four games
· They’ll now be looking to start a positive surge towards a strong finish to this season’s Premier League season with a win against Blackburn, who are currently in the relegation zone after wins for QPR and Wigan
· According to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index Swansea have covered 2078 miles so far this season
· Joe Allen has clocked up the most individual miles in Swansea’s dynamic squad this year. He’s covered 181.73 miles miles which over his 31 appearances this season is an average of 5.86 miles.
· Michael Vorm has been a busy man between the sticks for Swansea this season, he’s completed the third most saves in the Premier league, with 172.
· Swansea striker Danny Graham is joint with Chelsea’s Daniel Sturridge as the fourth highest scoring Englishman in the Premier League with ten goals.
· Graham’s goals have come from 55 shots, with a conversion rate of 18% of shots resulting in goals, compared to Sturridge’s conversion rate of 11%
· Blackburn were unlucky to lose 3-2 in anenthralling game against Liverpool this week
· Yakubu missed a penalty, scored a penalty, and also scored from open play in an eventful game for the striker
· That took Yakubu’s tally for the season to 16 goals, the joint fourth highest total in the league
· Yakubu’s goals have come from just 54 shots at goal, making an incredible conversion rate of 30% of shots hitting the back of the net
· David Hoilett has also been chipping in on the goals with five this season, as Blackburn have the healthiest ‘goals for’ column outside the Premier League’s top ten clubs with 45 in total
· However, they have suffered defensively with the second worst record in the league with 70 goals conceded
· Despite that, Blackburn have two players in the top five for clearances made this season, with Scott Dann in 3rdwith 76 clearances and Christopher Samba in 4th with 70 clearances
West Brom v QPR
This will be one for fans and not for neutrals. The chance of any eye pleasing football breaking out is slim. QPR are far from free from the threat of relegation and the Baggies are likely to park a bus here and 90 minutes of frustration is on the cards. Predictions 1-1.
· West Brom won their first game in five matches over the Easter weekend with a 3-0 victory over Blackburn, but failed to extend the good results by suffering a 4-0 defeat against City in their last game
· Marc-Antoine Fortune scored his second goal of the season on a rare start, having played in just 13 games this season
· Liam Ridgewell also scored, while Gareth McAuley headed back across goal to draw an own goal from Marcus Olsson
· Ridgewell was making just his ninth appearance of the season, but the defender has won 80% of tackles attempted and also made 9 clearances and 15 interceptions
· QPR moved out of the relegation zone with a shock 3-0 win over Swansea in their last game
· Goals from Jamie Mackie, Joey Barton, and Akos Buzsacky gave the hoops a vital three points
· Mackie now has six goals this season from 32 shots at goal with 59% on target
· Barton has covered more ground than any other QPR player this season with 142.8 miles since joining from Newcastle, a season long total of 158.41 miles including his time at Newcastle, an average of 5.66 miles per game across his 28 appearances
· Barton has won 69 tackles this season, the 8th highest for a midfielder in the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index
Sunderland v Wolves
The Wolves chairman wants his head looking at. Mick McCarthy wasn’t perfect, but the fans didn’t deserve their club being left in the lurch like this. Wolves are going down and it’s a pity. Sunderland will be cautious I guess but they know anything other than a win will smell of match fixing. Prediction: 4-0
· Sunderland who currently lie in 11th position will be hoping to take all three points away from bottom placed Wolves this weekend
· Sunderland are currently enduring a mixed bag of form at present. They’ve won two, lost two and drawn two of their previous six league games.
· Their last win came at the end of March where they beat QPR 3-1
· Wolves are currently on a six game losing streak and the last time they picked up any points was in their 1-1 draw against Tottenham in January
· Roger Johnson has been a rock in Wolves defence this season. He’s completed more defensive duties than any other Wolves player, with 289 (based on a combination of tackles won, clearances, interceptions and blocks)
· Sunderland’s nearest rival to Johnson’s performance this season has been John O’Shea, he’s completed 176 defensive duties according to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index.
· However, John O’shea has the highest tackles won percentage of any Sunderland player with 87% according to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index.
· 64% of Nicklas Bendtner’s shots have been on target this season according to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index. He is The Black Cats joint top scorer with Stephane Sessegnon with seven goals apiece
· Sebastian Larsson has been Sunderland’s most on target player this season he’s had 29 shots at goal and only 8 have been wayward, meaning 72% of his shots have made the keeper work this season.
· Jack Colback has covered 135.5 miles so far this season, won 67% of his tackles, completed 110 defensive duties and been top of the individual distance covered table for Sunderland seven times.
· Wayne Hennessey has been the busiest goalkeeper in the Premier League this season. He’s made 210 saves according to the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index.
· Hennessey has made nearly double the amount of saves Sunderland’s Simon Mignolet has had to make. Mignolet has made 106 saves in the 24 appearances for Sunderland this season
· Mignolet on average makes 4.4 saves per-game. Hennessey on the other hand averages two more saves every time he plays.
Click here to comment on this articleor
Give us feedback on your Football Transfer Tavern experience