Premier League

Revealed: 67% Tottenham fans don’t think reported £40m target would improve squad

Tottenham Hotspur fans here in the Tavern are hoping that their side can finish in the top-four this season, as they’ll look to improve in Europe next season. 

Mauricio Pochettino has become a fan favourite in North London over the course of the current campaign, as the Lilywhites have beaten world champions Real Madrid and look like securing a top-four spot.

Although, Spurs are already looking to bolster their squad for the start of next season, as they’re believed to be lining up a £40 million move for Wilfried Zaha in the summer months. Indeed, after establishing himself as Crystal Palace’s star player in the current campaign, a move to a higher-ranked Premier League club would be just the reward.

Of course, Wilfried Zaha has been an interesting topic for many of our local residents here in the Tavern, with our Landlord recently running a poll on whether signing the Ivorian would improve Spurs’ squad.

Unsurprisingly, there was a big difference in results with 67% of supporters saying that no, they don’t think that Zaha will bolster their squad, whilst the remaining 33% feel that he would be a valuable addition.

Indeed, the fact that 67% of fans think that he wouldn’t improve Spurs’ current squad isn’t a shock to the system, as Tottenham already have a settled attack that’s full of world-class players. Although, you can see the thinking behind the remaining 33% of people, as the winger is currently enjoying one his best seasons at Crystal Palace and pace is currently a weak point in the Lilywhites’ attack.

Therefore, there’s now a wait to see if Spurs make anything of the reports in the future, but a move for the winger would certainly make the majority of supporters concerned.

Tottenham Hotspur fans… Thoughts? 

Let us know down below!!!

To Top