Do Not Sell My Personal Information
  1. Home
  2. La Liga

Transfer target would reject Real Madrid for Manchester United

ribeiro.jpgIt’s all about the Christmas pudding and mince pies in the Football Transfer Tavern today with the usual transfer speculation put on the back-burner as punters enjoy Christmas in the bar.

However it hasn’t stopped reports from the Daily Star being discussed by a family of Manchester United fans who are sat having dinner.

The paper reports that Brazilian ace Everton Ribeiro will turn down a move to Real Madrid in order to sign for Manchester United instead.

The 24-year-old enjoyed a successful campaign helping his current club Cruzeiro clinch the Brasileiro Serie A title with a string of impressive performances.

And now it could be set for the Premier League with David Moyes eager to completed a £7m transfer for the playmaker in Janaury and he has now been boosted as the Brazilian admitted he would rather play for United over Madrid.

“Yes, I would prefer that [to join Manchester United],” he said.

“The structure they have in place is one of the best in the world. I have been there already and went to a lecture by [Sir] Alex Ferguson when I was younger.

“I feel I am ready to play in any part of the world. If you play for Cruzeiro, you can play in any place. I would fit in any part of the midfield. I would do well as a playmaker to support the attack.”

United have begun talks with the Brazilian FA and are looking for the best solution in attempting to bring Ribeiro to the club.

Ribeiro is only 60 per cent owned by Cruzeiro, with the other 40 per cent owned by a third party which could confuse matters given the Premier League’s strict rules.

Should Manchester United swoop for a player who seems very passionate about the Red Devils? Let us know your thoughts below.

Click below to watch Man City vs Liverpool LIVE!

city v liverpool


To Top

Article title: Transfer target would reject Real Madrid for Manchester United

Please leave feedback to help us improve the site: