West Brom were denied all three points thanks to a late Aston Villa equalise, as they battled to a 1-1 draw at Villa Park.
Romelu Lukaku again looked to be a threat in front of goal for the Baggies. This, a match where Steve Clarke will be disappointed not to have come away with the win given the level of dominance his side enjoyed.
– Jonas Olsson has shown himself to be more than able to get himself in the right position to defend his goal this season. He’s racked up 19 clearances this season, placing him first on the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index.
– Zoltan Gera worked hardest for the Baggies’ cause last time out. Racking up 5.47 miles on the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index.
– Over the course of the season, Youssuf Mulumbu has been West Brom’s hardest working player, covering 33.79 miles so far
– Although he didn’t manage to get himself on the score sheet, Shane Long was certainly making every effort to do so. He was the quickest player on the field against Aston Villa, being snapped running at 21.81mph.
– Olsson and fellow West Brom defender Gareth McCauley also both continue to impress in their reading of the game this season. They’ve racked up an impressive 87 interceptions between them.
– QPRs poor start to the season continued as they were beaten 1-2 at home by West Ham on Monday evening. Despite substitute Adel Taarabt’s wonder strike, Mark Hughes’ side again failed to take anything away from yet another league fixture.
– Alejandro Faurlin will have impressed Mar Hughes in defeat against West Ham. No Rs player ran harder than he did, having clocked up 6.06 miles.
– Last season Faurlin was one of QPR’s hardest working players, and since returning to the first team he has covered more ground than any of his teammates in the last three games.
– Overall, however, it is former United midfielder Ji Sung Park who has covered the most ground for QPR, notching up 33.83 miles so far this season.
– Ryan Nelsen was not only QPRs quickest player against the Hammers, but the quickest from either squad. The EA SPORTS Player Performance Index recorded him at 22.21mph.