Rangers

Revealed: 52% of Rangers fans backing 43-year-old for manager’s job next season

Rangers fans here in the Tavern are hoping their side can still secure European football for next season, after losing in their last two Scottish Premier League outings.

The Bluenoses have enjoyed a superb campaign under Graeme Murty after the sacking of Pedro Caixinha, as the Gers remain on course for a European spot.

Indeed, the Englishman has certainly been a breath of fresh air since being appointed as manager until the end of the season, as he continues to work wonders at Ibrox. And, with January transfer window signings playing a huge part in the second half of their season thus far, many of our local residents are delighted with the progress that the club have made under Murty.

The 43-year-old’s future has been an interesting topic for many of our local residents here in the Tavern, with our Landlord recently running a poll on whether Rangers should keep Murty on at the end of the season.

Surprisingly, the results were very close as 52% of fans responded saying that yes, they do think he should be at the club next season, whilst the remaining 48% feel that the club should look elsewhere.

Indeed, the fact that 52% of fans believe that the club should keep him on at the end of the season is surprising as you’d think it would be more, considering how much he’s developed the side in the current campaign.

Although, with plenty of accomplished managers on the market for Rangers to pick and choose from, it’s understandable that a number of supporters want the club to look at more proven candidates.

Therefore, there’s an anxious wait until the end of the season to find out about Murty’s future, with supporters being left disappointed either way.

Rangers fans… Thoughts? 

Let us know down below!!!

Like what the TT have on offer? Sign up for more notifications!
To Top