The Rangers fans in the Transfer Tavern have been reacting to a story from Record Sport that claims Rangers are waiting on Steven Gerrard after Steve Clarke snubbed a potential move to Ibrox, as he’s 100% committed to his current role with Kilmarnock. The news is a blow to our local Gers, although they could still get one of their first choices in Stevie G.
— Daily Record Sport (@Record_Sport) April 27, 2018
Steve Clarke took over at Kilmarnock last October and has been doing a fantastic job with the Ayrshire club as they sit 5th in the Scottish Premier League. The former West Brom and Reading boss was high up on Rangers’ wishlist of managers due to his stellar CV but will not be reviewing any job offers in the coming months as he continues the fantastic project that he’s overseeing at Rugby Park.
Now the Bluenoses are being left in the dark as they await word from Steven Gerrard on the role. The Anfield legend has been weighing up the pros and cons of the Ibrox role as he looks to make his first steps in senior football management. The 37-year-old has been managing the Liverpool U18s since he retired from football as an LA Galaxy player in 2016.
You can read our Ibrox faithful’s verdict on Clarke’s Rangers snub here:
So a 3rd party approached Clarke last week while Allen was meeting Gerrard in person? And you’re strangely just telling us this now? pic.twitter.com/DI1aB1q6DL
— Chris McLaughlin (@Chr1sMcLaughlin) April 27, 2018
Clarke says he wants to build on this season's success at Killie.
Daily Records auto correct – 'Clarke Snubs Rangers'.
— Ryan Hunter (@RHunter007) April 27, 2018
& that’s the 2nd time Clarke said no & on both occasions Kilmarnock were unaware of the approach
— John (@stgriswalds) April 27, 2018
“Sounded out by a 3rd party” wow, sensationalist journalism
— Ryan McLaughlin (@ryanaldo13) April 27, 2018
This is hilarious, just in time to try to get the season ticket sales in.
— Kevin Rattray (@kratt71) April 27, 2018
Like what the TT have on offer? Sign up for more notifications!
Under 20’s coach fails so let’s try and get an under 18’s coach to replace him. Sevco logic
— Leonardo Partenopei (@LeoPartenopei) 27 April 2018