Steve Bruce has admitted that he will give his Sheffield Wednesday squad a fresh start and all of them will have the opportunity to impress.
A number of men had been frozen out of the team and banished to the Under-23s when Jos Luhukay was in charge, however, the new man at the helm has told his men that will not happen.
Bruce stated that he would not bring any free agents into the team between now and the summer and would use the large group of players available to him to the best of his ability.
Speaking to the club’s official Facebook page, he said: “I don’t think now I’ll be looking to bring anybody in.
“As I’ve said to all of them [the Owls players], we’re going to work with the squad we’ve got. Hopefully I’ll give most of them a chance.
“Certainly, I won’t break up the squad and I won’t have people training elsewhere with the Under-23s. I’ll keep the main group if we can. But it’s not going to be easy, that, because of the numbers.
“I’ve made a pledge to them all that they’re going to be given a chance – and that includes in training. I hope that creates a decent environment for them.”
A number of players that had been frozen out previously and have since returned have been crucial for Sheffield Wednesday over the last two months or so.
The likes of Kieren Westwood and Sam Hutchinson have both made a return to the first-team and have put in key performances for the side as they look to improve in the Championship.
With Bruce’s pledge to his players that they will all get a chance, it could bode well for the likes of Almen Abdi in the future.
Sheffield Wednesday fans – thoughts?Like what the TT have on offer? Sign up for more notifications!
Click here to comment on this articleor
Give us feedback on your Football Transfer Tavern experience