Villa fans in The Transfer Tavern, this next line is for you and it’s about your former captain and everyone’s favourite Shisha smoking striker Gabby Agbonlahor!
A club stalwart, he has reportedly been told by manager Roberto Di Matteo that he is not part of his plans for the new Championship season, according to the Birmingham Mail.
The 29-year-old, who was stripped of the captaincy earlier this summer, was told of the news before the start of the new campaign as it was made evidently clear he wasn’t going to be part of the first-team squad going forward.
He was omitted from Villas’ opening-day defeat to Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough and the striker, once a fan favourite, has taken to social media to thank Villa fans for their support.
“Thank you for all your support but sometimes good things come to an end,” the striker said to his 45,000 Instagram followers.
Villa fans, is it time for Gabby to move on, or does he still have unfinished business at Villa Park? Let us know below!
Click here to comment on this articleor
Give us feedback on your Football Transfer Tavern experience