Championship

Jos Luhukay has not held talks about possible transfers

Jos Luhukay has not held talks about possible transfers

Sheffield Wednesday will be looking to make a couple of additions to their squad this summer as the transfer window closes on Friday.

The Owls have recently had their transfer embargo lifted off of them and are yet to make any changes to their team and there are concerns that they may not make any.

According to the club’s official Facebook page, Jos Luhukay has revealed that he has not spoken personally to a potential new signing.

When asked about their chances of bringing new additions to Hillsborough, the Dutchman stated that there was nothing to mention.

“Today it is not 50-50, it is zero-zero, there is nothing to mention,” he told reporters on the club’s official Facebook page.

“And I say honestly, I have not spoken with one player, not yesterday, not last week, not in the last weeks. I have, from the first day, Wigan Athletic, to now, never spoken with one player.

“It is true, it is honest and I have always said I will have 100 per cent focus on my team, on our young players, to help them, and when we need maybe a player who’ll help us and who’ll make us better you must have also one eye on maybe that position.”

The Verdict:

Luhukay’s revelation could be a sign of worrying times for Sheffield Wednesday this summer.

The Owls will certainly need improving in certain areas, despite their current form in the Championship.

And, with just a couple of days to go, it remains to be seen if the team will bring in players to help give them a competitive chance this season.

Sheffield Wednesday fans – thoughts?

To Top