With the transfer window closed firmly shut until January. Celtic I think will be relatively pleased with the business they got done before the eleven o’ clock deadline.
The Hoops managed to bring in six new faces including a goalkeeper, a centre half, a striker and a replacement left back for Emilio Izaguirre as he recovers from a broken ankle. As well as clearing out some of the deadwood in the squad with no fewer than eleven players heading in the opposite direction.
Although some fans will be unhappy to hear that Giorgos Samaras twice rejected a move away from the club on deadline day with French clubs Rennes and St.Etienne both making moves for the Greek striker. Here is a round up of the players to come in and the players to leave Celtic Park in this summers transfer window.
PLAYERS IN – Right back – Adam Matthews – ( free transfer ) – From Cardiff
– Centre back – Kelvin Wilson – ( free transfer ) – From Nottingham Forrest
– Midfielder – Victor Wanyama – ( £900,000 ) – From Germinal Beerschot
– Goalkeeper – Fraser Forster – ( loan ) – From Newcastle
– Striker – Mohamed Bangura – ( £2.2 Million ) – From AIK Stockholm
– Left back – Badr El-Kaddouri – ( loan ) – From Dynamo Kiev
PLAYERS OUT – Paul McGowan – (free) – St. Mirren – Freddie Ljungberg – (released)
– Ryan Conroy – (free) – Dundee – Graham Carey – (free) – St. Mirren
– Niall McGinn – (loan) – Brentford – Ben Hutchinson – (free) – Kilmarnock
– Andreas Hinkel – (released) – Daryl Murphy – (loan) – Ipswich
– Richie Towell – (loan) – Hibs – Shaun Maloney – (£1million) – Wigan
– Jos Hooiveld – (loan) – Southampton
Celtic boss Neil Lennon has made the effort to strengthen in all areas of his squad. He has in my opinion done very well despite again having very limited funds from the board.
He has addressed the problems of the club needing a goalkeeper with resigning Fraser Forster and cover for Izaguirre with the signing of El Kaddouri. The signing of Mohamed Bangura is an exciting one also. The 22 year old striker comes on high recommendation from Hoops legend Henrik Larsson and has been tipped to score a barrel load in the SPL.
He is Pacey, powerful and definately has an eye for goal and I am sure that many fans feel the same as myself and are really looking forward to seeing him in a green and white strip sooner rather than later. The Hoops fans were also hopeful of another centre half maybe being brought in before the deadline last night hopefully resulting in less games for Daniel Majstorovic.
However I feel that Charlie Mulgrew can move in at centre half now alongside Kelvin Wilson where he impressed last season, with El Kaddouri going to left back and hopefully this will see the end of Daniel Majstorovic in Celtic’s back line.Like what the TT have on offer? Sign up for more notifications!