Do Not Sell My Personal Information
  1. Home
  2. Wolves News

Wolves: Liam Keen denies Bruno Lage sacking ‘rumours’

Wolves: Liam Keen denies Bruno Lage sacking ‘rumours’ -Wolves News

Wolverhampton Wanderers manager Bruno Lage remains secure in his post for now, Liam Keen of The Express & Star reports.

The lowdown

Lage has endured a pretty wretched start to his second full season at the helm at Molineux.

Saturday’s 3-0 defeat at the hands of Manchester City leaves his side 17th in the Premier League table, just two points above the relegation zone.

They’ve picked up just one win and three draws from their first seven matches, and their tally of three goals is the joint-worst in the division.

The latest

Keen took to Twitter to respond to ‘social media rumours’ that Lage had been relieved of his duties.

He said that the 46-year-old oversaw Tuesday’s training session as normal.

“Despite social media rumours saying otherwise, I’m told Bruno Lage has NOT been sacked as of this evening.

“The head coach and his staff are preparing to take training tomorrow morning as usual.”

1 of 10
bruno-lage-wolves

Only the biggest Wolves fan will get 100% on this Bruno Lage quiz! First up, where did he manage before Molineux?

The verdict

Lage may be safe for now, then, but both he and the club know that an improvement is essential.

Sports journalist Owen O’Brien says that they are planning to hold talks with the Portuguese tactician over recent results after ‘growing increasingly frustrated’.

And Wolves’ next game pits them against fellow strugglers West Ham, the side directly below them in the division.

After that, they travel to Chelsea, and it’s hard to see him keeping his position as the fixtures then ease up if he cannot at least show some improvements against the Hammers and Blues.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

To Top

Article title: Wolves: Liam Keen denies Bruno Lage sacking ‘rumours’

Please leave feedback to help us improve the site: