Do Not Sell My Personal Information
  1. Home
  2. Crystal Palace News

Crystal Palace: Fans shower Will Hughes with praise

Crystal Palace: Fans shower Will Hughes with praise -Crystal Palace News

Many Crystal Palace fans were delighted with Will Hughes’ performance in their Premier League meeting with Norwich. 

Palace entered the game in the midst of a tricky run, having one only won one of their seven games since the November international break.

Norwich, meanwhile, were looking to halt a run of four straight defeats that’s left them bottom of the Premier League table.

There were four changes to The Eagles side that lost 3-0 against Tottenham Hotspur on Boxing Day. Wilfried Zaha was suspended, Conor Gallagher dropped out of the matchday squad entirely and Jack Butland and James Tomkins were benched.

Jean-Phillipe Mateta, Jeffrey Schlupp, Vicente Guaita and Marc Guehi replaced them.

Recapping Hughes’ performance vs Norwich

Hughes kept his place in midfield, lining up alongside Kouyate and Schlupp.

It was just his fourth start for Patrick Vieira’s side since his summer move from Watford.

And the 26-year-old shone, earning a superb match rating of 8.1 from SofaScore.

Hughes won a penalty in the early stages, with Odsonne Edouard stepping up to convert.

He also created three chances, made a game-high five tackles and won six out of eight ground duels overall.

Fans gush at Hughes display

“71% of the earth is covered by water. The remaining 29% is covered by Will Hughes”

Credit: @hollaatmefelix

“Will Hughes!!!!!!!!! He’s just everywhere he needs to be all the time!!!! He just appears!”

Credit: @milliebruv

“Will Hughes my Lord. Got a bit of baller there me thinks.”

Credit: @threluja

“Will Hughes is some player isn’t he?”

Credit: @samuelpjordan

“Will Hughes is incredible”

Credit: @miniaturelob

“Will Hughes oozes class. He’s going to turn out to be a great signing”

Credit: @ryanhirons

“Will Hughes is the best acquisition this club has ever made.”

Credit: @BDCPFC

In other news, fans offered their reaction to this dressing room revelation


To Top

Article title: Crystal Palace: Fans shower Will Hughes with praise

Please leave feedback to help us improve the site: