Do Not Sell My Personal Information
  1. Home
  2. Premier League
  3. Newcastle United

Newcastle United: Geordie fans react to Andy Carroll’s hat-trick in Ultimate QuaranTeam victory

Newcastle United: Geordie fans react to Andy Carroll’s hat-trick in Ultimate QuaranTeam victory - Newcastle United

Newcastle United announced the club are through to the next round of the Ultimate QuaranTeam, thanks to a hat-trick from Andy Carroll, prompting various reactions from a large portion of the Toon Army.

With football around the world suspended in light of recent events, teams, players and fans alike have been finding novel ways to entertain themselves during the absence of the beautiful game.

Leyton Orient invited over 60 clubs to take part in a FIFA 20 tournament dubbed the ‘Ultimate QuaranTeam’ for obvious reasons, which quickly expanded to 128 teams, as more and more sides around the world also wanted to take part. Gamers and footballers are all getting involved, with 75% of the profits raised going towards EFL clubs affected by the global crisis, and the remaining 25% being split between the WHO and MIND (BBC).

1 of 8
Newcastle United manager Steve Bruce

How many times have Newcastle won the English league title?

Professional FIFA player PlanetToast ensured the Magpies are comfortably into the second round of the gaming tournament with a 3-0 victory over Gillingham.

Over a thousand fans watched the E-Premier League finalist tear up the Gills defence on Twitch (Chronicle).

The virtual Carroll opened the scoring in 15 minutes, latching onto a pass from Allan Saint-Maximin, before powering a shot into the back of the net. He doubled the lead towards the beginning of the second half as the duo combined again, lashing the ball into the top corner of the goal. Substitute Elias Sorensen provided the final assist when he teed up Carroll for his hat-trick.

Check out the replay on Twitch.

Plenty of supporters seem to be really embracing the gaming competition, with several Geordies poking fun at the real-life striker. One fan stated “still can’t believe we sold him for 35 million” while another dubbed Carroll a “bossman.”

Have a read through some of the different Twitter reactions so far…

https://twitter.com/MikeAshleyFan12/status/1241810505012064259?s=20

Newcastle fans, how far do you think the club will go in the Ultimate QuaranTeam competition? Are you backing PlanetToast all the way? Let us know in the comments section below!


To Top

Article title: Newcastle United: Geordie fans react to Andy Carroll’s hat-trick in Ultimate QuaranTeam victory

Please leave feedback to help us improve the site: