Do Not Sell My Personal Information
  1. Home
  2. Manchester United News

Manchester United: Fabrizio Romano shares Diogo Dalot update

Manchester United: Fabrizio Romano shares Diogo Dalot update -Manchester United News

Manchester United have the option to extend Diogo Dalot’s current deal by a further 12 months, according to Fabrizio Romano.

The Lowdown: Dalot under Ten Hag

Dalot was in and out of the United side last season, starting half of the 38 Premier League fixtures. However, the 23-year-old appears to have now become first choice under Erik ten Hag, with the right-back starting each of the club’s eight games in all competitions so far.

His current contract is set to expire at the end of the season, but it appears as if United don’t need to worry about losing him on a free next summer.

The Latest: Romano’s update

Romano took to Twitter on Monday afternoon to provide an update on Dalot.

The transfer expert labelled the full-back as a “top professional” and said that he’s “been told” United have the option to extend his current deal through to 2024.

The Verdict: No brainer

Dalot has been the club’s fifth-best performer in the Premier League, as per WhoScored, so it’s good to know that the Red Devils have the option to extend his contract.

1 of 10

Celebrity fans quiz... Boxing superstar Floyd Mayweather is a Manchester United fan!

That may well be a no-brainer for United officials, as it seems as if he is one of the first names on the team sheet under Ten Hag at this moment in time.

Aaron Wan-Bissaka is Dalot’s main competition, however, Ten Hag was willing to move the Englishman on over the summer, so you’d expect that the Portugal international will remain first choice for the foreseeable, providing he stays fit.


To Top

Article title: Manchester United: Fabrizio Romano shares Diogo Dalot update

Please leave feedback to help us improve the site: